Support this listing by sharing it with your social network
(Role of Volunteer) These children’s age ranges between 3 months and 12 years respectively. In this project volunteers would be expected to: • Teach Basic English or French Math’s • Teach them how to wash their face and brush their teeth PCN offers the opportunity for volunteers from across the world to volunteer in the orphanage homes by teaching and doing other related activities to vulnerable children. This PCN volunteer placement is well organize in order to create new life into these unfortunate and neglected Children by sharing fun, love and education to them.
This project includes orphanage and day care center for children who live at the orphanage until they are adopted by families that can well take care of them.
Lots of orphanages in Ghana are poorly managed, limited workers, and faces lots of problems to run the centre and for that matter the centre needs volunteers to help with the day-to-day activities of the centre with works like cleaning, cooking and serving food to the children. Volunteers are also required to provide some basic English education to the children, and organize physical and sports lessons.
• Project: Work in Orphanage in Ghana
• Start dates: flexible
• Location: Accra, Kumasi ,Ho, Tamale, Cape Coast, Koforidua, Winneba etc
• Departure and End Point: Accra, Ghana (Kotoka International Airport)
• Language Need: English, basic to intermediate fluency
• Accommodation and meals: Host-family accommodation with Ghanaian and International food three times daily. Most of the time volunteers stay with orphans to make them feel as family members.
• Activities: give love, hope, care, education to hopeless orphan kids in Ghana.
• Working hours: 25-35 hours per week.
(Role of Volunteer)
These children’s age ranges between 3 months and 12 years respectively. In this project volunteers would be expected to:
• Teach Basic English or French Math’s
• Teach them how to wash their face and brush their teeth
• Guide them to learn their lessons
• Serve their food or sit beside them while eating so that they may feel the societal environment
• Help them in preparing to go to school, check their uniforms, shoes, neatness and cleanliness of the kids.
• Volunteers would also help the children to draw pictures as well as playing games with them.
• Volunteers would also help with the cooking of the orphan’s food and engaged in various related activities requested by project staffs.
•Develop creative programs such as dance, arts, music, etc.
• Organize physical and sports activities
Developing creative free-time programs such as dance, arts, music and other physical activities
• Helping the children with various health and personal hygiene needs
• Teaching life-skills
• Housekeeping as well as cooking and serving food to the children
There are no special qualifications for Orphanage project in Ghana but people with kind heart for children, compassion and love for the children are required for this placement.
PCN manages room/food for volunteer. Volunteers live with host families and we manage a separate room and local meals three times a day. Volunteer will also have regular visitation to project site and host family, 24hrs every week access to our office in Ghana and mobile number of our coordinators. Our staffs also visit volunteers every week as part of the program.
(Where volunteer can go for weekends and longer periods: )
Ghana is a land of cultural diversity and contrast. It has many cultural and unique tourist attraction centers to offer volunteers. Cape Coast is a true cultural and historical town, most tourist love traveling to this town because of the Elmina castle where slave trade begun, the Kakum Canopy walkway, the cape coast castle and the ancient buildings.
PCN staff is ever ready to offer volunteers guidelines before traveling. However we encourage volunteers to join PCN eco-tour programmes to be able to visit our selected eco-tour destinations in Ghana during your free time from work.
A typical day of a volunteer in the Orphanage Project
Morning ? 7 AM– 8 AM: Breakfast)
Help the children to brush their teeth and get them dressed. Serve breakfast and clean their beds. Teach the children about health and hygiene, bath them, check their neatness and accompany them to school.
Day: Serve Lunch.
Take care of the children in the orphanage. Help them to learn some basic English whiles playing with them. Arrange activities like games, music, drawing, etc. Bring children back from school and help them in their homework
Serve dinner to the children. Help in the kitchen and also in washing dishes, wash their clothes, cleaning of the orphanage premises and guide them to sleep.
Skills/Qualification Needed ?
There are no special qualifications for Orphanage project in Ghana but people with kind heart, love, compassion for children especially the vulnerable are required for the orphanage project
Phone : +233542-720-560 Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org Address : Prime Care Network, p.o. box os, 408, Accra Ghana.
Find More Listings from