Resource Development & Design Intern (Unpaid)
The primary responsibility of the intern will be to work with Adobe Creative Suite to design promotional material for IDRF.
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Status: Contract, 8-25 hours/week
Duration: 14 – 20 Weeks.
IDRF (International Development and Relief Foundation) is a Canadian, registered charitable organization, dedicated to empowering the disadvantaged people of the world. IDRF provides effective humanitarian aid and sustainable development programs, without discrimination, based on the Islamic principles of human dignity, self reliance and social justice.
IDRF works in partnership with international NGOs and grassroots organizations to implement projects around the world. All administrative, research, advertisement & design, media & communication tasks are managed at IDRF’s Head Office in Toronto. Interns and volunteers work directly with resource development staff to execute fundraising and awareness initiatives. More information about IDRF can be found online at www.idrf.ca.
The primary responsibility of the intern will be to work with Adobe Creative Suite to design promotional material for IDRF. The intern will also work directly with the Resource Development staff on a variety of PR and Fundraising initiatives (including Annual IDRF events).
• To work on a variety of creative in-house projects such as information and marketing materials for upcoming events & campaigns.
• Using online fundraising platforms to further promote IDRF to target audiences
Eligibility: All individuals are eligible to apply. Ideal candidates will have:
• Strong design portfolio (personal or professional) showcasing your best work
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience using Macs and PCs, MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
• Familiarity with and interest in humanitarian causes
• Experience designing interactive media is optional (ex., online advertising, email newsletters, etc)
Why you should join IDRF
If International Development is what interests you, IDRF will provide the experience of working in a Canadian Charitable organization and help you understand the non-profit sector. Our projects have benefitted people in over 30 countries since 1984. IDRF offers a diverse working environment and you should join us if you are looking for good experience and professional training which includes a cross-culture knowledge as well as familiarity with CRA compliance rules.
Please submit your application, resume, and a few pieces of work to:
Maheen Rashdi (Contact Via Email Only)
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 416.497.0686