Monster Dash Toronto 8th Annual Halloween Run/Walk Presented by Go Dodge Don Mills
Are you looking to get engaged in a Spooky Halloween themed running event? Good Times Running, operators of the Monster Dash Toronto presented by Go Dodge Don Mills, are looking for volunteers!
Volunteer Perks include:
– Volunteer Shirt
– Free food and drinks
– Free Goodie Bag
– Community Hours if needed
*** Volunteer shifts need to be a minimum of 4 hours. Please see below for opportunities!
Volunteer Opportunity #1 – Registration Readiness, Labelling, etc.
Shifts on Monday, October 21st – Friday October 25th are located at:
– 229 Niagara Street (Acme Works), Toronto, ON between 9am to 5pm
– Assisting with labelling, registration readiness as well assisting with the assembly of race kits
Volunteer Opportunity #2 – Late Registration and Race Kit Pick Up
Shifts on Friday, October 25th and Saturday, October 26th are located at:
– 888 Don Mills Rd, North York, ON (Go Dodge Don Mills)
– Friday, October 25th is from 4pm – 8pm OR Saturday, October 26th shift is from 10am – 6pm
– Assisting with late registrations as well as distributing race kits
Volunteer Opportunity #3 – Event Set Up & Event Preparation
Shift is on Saturday, October 26th and is located at:
– Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Rd, North York, ON)
– Shift availability is from 10am – 10pm with FREE LUNCH PROVIDED!
– This is a great opportunity for mature and resourceful students in assisting with:
– Decorating, making signs, helping build our Monster Maze, unloading and loading as well as the potential for other miscellaneous event tasks
Volunteer Opportunity #4 – EVENT DAY!
The event is on Sunday, October 27th and located at:
– Ontario Science Centre (770 Don Mills Rd, North York) with shift availability from noon-11pm
– Various Volunteer roles on Event Day including:
– Course Marshalls (must arrive at Ontario Place by – which time Peter? — at the very latest) – directing runners with enthusiasm and passion on our various courses
– Actors/Performers are welcome! (shift is from 3pm to 7pm)
– Assisting with:
– Food/beverage (shift is from 5pm to 8:30pm)
– Bag Check (shift is from 3:30pm to 8pm)
– Registration (shift is from 1pm to 5pm)
– Water stations (shift is from 4:30pm to 8:30pm)
– Medals and distribution of to our participants (shift is from 4pm to 8pm)
– Pumpkin carving (shift is from noon to 5pm)
– Friendly Greeters/Event Help Staff (shift is from 3pm to 7pm)
– Clean up and tear down post event (7pm to 11pm)
An honorarium compensation will be included for those
who volunteer from 7pm to 11pm. This involves cleaning up as well as tear down of the event.
ATTENTION ALL VOLUNTEERS!
– All volunteers are encouraged to post on our various social media pages
– Our social media profiles are here:
– Numerous volunteers who engage the most will take home a prize. Prizes include a $100 Via Rail Voucher, Apple iPhone and Monster Dash swag prize packs!
How to get to Ontario Science Centre on Event Day (Sunday, October 27th):
– TTC – 25 Bus or 925 Express Bus (St Dennis Drive stop) – arrive via Don Mills or Eglinton
The Best Way to Register to Volunteer is HERE:
Other ways of showing interest in volunteering in these various roles is to preferably e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or secondarily text at 647-767-0451.