Fundraising Committee Member
Established in 2000, Art City in St. James Town is a not-for-profit organization that provides after-school and weekend multidisciplinary art programs, free of charge, to the children and youth who reside in the community. Art City is fully integrated into one of Canada’s most densely populated and culturally diverse neighbourhoods, and is a safe and non-discriminatory environment that encourages a passion for artistic expression, a connection to the community, and a difference in children’s future.
Art City is currently accepting applications to fill 2-year term volunteer vacancies on our Fundraising Committee.
Art City is particularly interested in applicants who possess the following knowledge and expertise:
• Administration skills, including navigating research databases and submitting donor applications
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build lasting beneficial relationships
• Ability to stay organized when handling multiple donor profiles
• Creativity to align the needs of the non-profit with those of corporations and donors
• Resiliency when dealing with donor declines
• Ability to create fresh and original content
To be eligible, applicants should:
1. Be able to make informed decisions that reflect the best interest of the organization, community, and individuals served
2. Participate in a one-day fundraising orientation session
3. Be available for two to three hours for each monthly meeting
4. Be able to expand the organization’s resource base by sharing expertise and actively supporting fundraising efforts
5. Bring a high degree of interest or expertise in the areas of fundraising and networking
6. Be at least 18 years of age, a resident and/or employed in the City of Toronto
To apply, please submit a letter of interest describing how you intend to contribute to Art City’s growth and development and your resume.
Criteria used for review of Board Membership applications:
1. Previous fundraising experience
2. Demonstrated success in fundraising and an ability to contribute to non-profit development efforts
3. Commitment to promoting Art City’s mission, values, and beliefs
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Nadijah Robinson at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!